Psychotoons

To help adults and children understand psychology.

Forums

Forum Home > A-Z Psychology > Prayer, Peace and Prosperity vs. Problems

A Joyful Messenger

I've learned over the years that even in troubles and problems, I can have peace.

When the world all around me is totally chaotic; when the mountians roar and the oceans rage, I pray.

I find peace when I trust in God to supply my needs, to calm my fears, to give me understanding and wisdom about the people around me that are chaotic.

God is a God of peace. When circumstances and people are roaring and raging, he wants us to stop and be still. Know that he is God. He is a place of refuge. Center yourself in Him and you will find peace for your soul.

Shalom my friends.

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

September 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

You say the people around you are Chaotic. That sounds like you feel they are Chaotic because you do not understand them. But they are no more Chaotic then you are, they respond to cause and effect as you and I do. Do pray for deep understanding of others so you can help make a calm environment for those around you. Otherwise we can trap people in our own worlds and they have to get seemingly chaotic to stop from being trapped by the environment created by us, or by you and them. If it is only them and not us, then you need not be there for them to feel trapped and squashed, they will react seemingly spontaneously from nothing, but really from other forces or circumstances unseen by you or me. To understand them we have to take note of those forces or circumstances.

What you look for is how they perceive the environment, any fears and passions they have, their beliefs and habits, and what is happening in the environment that interacts with their perceptions, feelings, thoughts, and actions in such a way that traps them, enslaves them, even if it is flashbacks. We do this with children and even with soldiers, but we forget to do it with other adults.

September 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Joyful Messenger

What about patterns? I have noticed that people, especially parolees, tend to fall back into thier old patterns quickly. It is like when they are locked up, they have something to work towards but when they are set free they quickly go back to their old lifestyles and commit the same stupid crimes that they have always done. Why do they do this? And how do we who are free change our patterns?

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

March 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Americans who go to another country to live tend to fall back into their old American cultural habits. People in prison have a culture, the culture of crime. Crime is not the mainstream culture. They are more comfortable with what they are use to. We too get into old family habits, and we feel more comfortable in them even if that family culture is a fighting one. To change cultures we have to engineer our environment to meet our needs in the style we want and can tolerate. Keep what is worthy and works in our old culture and drop what does not work or is not worthy. But what is left must be made meaningful and fun. When you start a new project that you can hardly wait to wake up in the morning to work on it then it is something that is rewarding enough to stick with.

Ideally it should be pleasing to the senses, touch our hearts, intrigue our minds, and be fun to act on. So lets say you need to study a subject and you really would rather watch TV. To make the study more appealing you want to have a study area that is pleasant, for some that is with music, or with food, or at a certain restaurant. Then we want to abstract from the study data that is emotionally motivating to us. For some that would be looking for how the subject pertains to pets, our hobbies, to humans, to cars, or to whatever we love to deal with. Then what we study needs to be presented in an interesting way to us. For some that would a historical style, for others a hands on style, for some visual, or others verbal. And lastly we may want to act on the project in a way we like, for some that is to read with drama, for others to read alone in a monotone, for others to read with others, or for another to read while exercising on a stationary bicycle. What ever, get the idea?

March 5, 2013 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

A Joyful Messenger

Today is Palm Sunday...Passover starts tomorrow. Monday, March 25.

Our Messiah, Jesus Christ laid down his life and shed his blood that others might live. Before he died, his last sermon to his disiples was a commandment for them to love one another. To be a true leader, one must be a servant of all. It still applys to this day. What do you think about the passion of the Christ and how do you think it applies today?

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

March 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Wow, the passion of Christ, his suffering and sacrifice for the world is the ultimate altruism. Our soldiers die for us. Young men and women giving their lives for us. If they were unwilling then we forced their death, called negligent homicide. But there is much greater motivation. I put in 22 years in the reserves, and even the hint of war one suffers with the possibility of death. Altruism is necessary for the survival of the human race. When I went into the night to find missing children and risked my life to bring them home to their parents I at times was afraid but felt better about it then I did at the hint of war. But I was never in a war, if I had been I am sure I would of felt the same anxiety but peace and passion that drives you to risk your life for another. Altruism that drives the passion to die for others will always be with us. It is built into us and guides and helps us when it is really needed.

March 26, 2013 at 9:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Joyful Messenger

Might we say that altrusim is the truest example of love, peace and passion. Taking action is better than being passive! What is an example of a passive person?

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

March 31, 2013 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Yes, I think so too that altruism is the truest example of love, peace, and passion. I like your combination. Action and in some cases non action can show altruistic behavior depending on the situation. Non action, passive, a refusal to fight, can be a form of tolerance and if it results in harm to self to help others it is altruistic.

A passive person is someone who refuses to act, but usually prefers to sit back and let others do the action. Passive people can be learned shyness or they can be born passive. It is neither good or bad to be passive. The judgement of good or bad is usually defined by the consequence of behavior. An active person also is neither good nor bad, but the judgement is given to the consequences of their behavior. I guess you could say there is a time to be passive and a time to act. Starting to sound like a verse in the bible. Do you know which one? Ecclesiastes?.

April 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.