Psychotoons

To help adults and children understand psychology.

Forums

Forum Home > A-Z Psychology > Victory vs vice

A Joyful Messenger

Victory is the reward of hard work and preparation.

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

July 30, 2012 at 2:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Yes it is. And everything we do in our spare time should be preparing us to do our passions and dreams so that they can become realities. Also, it does not seem like hard work when it is our dreams and from our own motivations. It is also healthier.

July 30, 2012 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

realsisters2@gmail.com

How can we know our dreams? I have never really dreamt about my future. I wanted kids, a house, and a husband. But I never really went beyond that. How would I go about figuring out what my perfect dream should be, what my true passions are. Everyday life and its demands push me in the direction I should go. How can I escape it?

--

April 8, 2013 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Our dreams should come from our interests and talents. How long has it been since you allowed yourself to be a kid and go after your inner curiosity and inclinations? As children we seemed to follow our passions better. I think I would start there, where you left off dreaming as a kid, and then look at all the projects in school that you enjoyed the most and did best at. That could be History, Art, Home Economics, Cooking. Some people are natural home keepers or child raisers and that is their talent and passion. Do you think you have been doing your passions or do you have an inner feeling that you are missing something?

April 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

realsisters2@gmail.com

I have that inner feeling that I am missing something. It feels like a void, a dead spot, an irritation even. I was always good at history, but don't know what I could do with that. Philosophy too, but again, no future in it. Thought about teaching but I don't think so. I just don't fit into the world. Don't want to write or draw except for myself. Love crafts as a hobby but don't want to do it as a job, that would ruin it for me. I have lots of energy and enjoy life. Just don't know what to do. I enjoy others but don't want to go out of my way to help them. I feel I am just dribbling on without a point, now and forever.

--

April 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

I am wondering if your void is because you are not reading enough history and philosophy. To follow our passions we do not have to make a career out of it, or earn money. We can just do them, read, create, share if we want, enjoy. Day dreamers are a form of meditation, it helps the brain create chemicals that are pleasurable and healing. The only time it is a problem is when it is so encompassing that we neglect our health or others and live in a little world that is deadly. What do you think?

April 15, 2013 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

realsisters2@gmail.com

I been thinking about what you said, that I do not have to make a career out of it. That helps a little, but somewhere deep down inside I feel like all I learn will perish with me, that somehow that is selfish and a shame. It feels like that is futile, a waste, that somehow it should be passed on. Then again I feel I will not learn anything that is not already learned, so no big deal. Then again, am I not unique and of value, and if so, something will be lost. Am I being to presumptuous or conceded?

--

April 22, 2013 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Not at all presumptuous or conceded. You are unique and delightful and it is a waste to loose you as we have lost so many. Scientists believe there may have been 86 million souls that have inhabited this earth. But they were us, and as such have influenced us all, everything we see, feel, think, and do even though we did not meet them per say. But as a group we share more then we are aware of, and we are one big group that has been around a long time. Myths, stories, and even children's play ground ditties, travel the globe and are translated, the ditties by children.

Sharing ideas and experiences is greater now then ever. Remember the rule of six. What you tell someone will be passed on and can travel the world in just six interactions. Say your friend or the one they tell is from another country, etc. The mass media especially. So write down your unique thoughts and post them on the net. You never know who will appreciate and use it. Tweet it several times. We never know.

April 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

realsisters2@gmail.com

Why is there so much vice in the world rather then victory? It seems the world is full of vice and ill deeds. People are so sneaky, greedy, and mean. Why do people go out of their way to make life miserable for others?

--

May 14, 2013 at 11:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Because they are struggling to make the world fair, they try and force it to be fair. Unfortunately the unfairness may only be in their perception. What is fair is what the present time and environment can allow. It may not feel fair to the victims but then its the best that can be expected for the time and situation, such as a sinking ship. The drowning victims feel it is unfair.

It is our job as a group working on the problem to try and make ships that do not sink. Meanwhile, on a sinking ship It may be fair to let the children and young women into the life boat first for they are the bearers of the future. The rest of us go down if the space is gone. That is looking to the future and survival of our species, even if there are lots of people left on dry land.

We have a double nature, one of altruistic characteristics or survival of the human race and one of selfish survival of self. We are both a group animal and an individual, and groups are made up of individuals. We need both natures as the group can destroy its individuals and ultimately destroy itself. The trick of life is to make a group environment that elicits the altruistic characteristics and not the selfish ones. It is a huge task, and government was formed to help us do just that.

People go out of their way to make life miserable for others when they have not been taught how to survive by serving others. They were mistreated by others fighting for survival with vice. They are trying to survive in a world they perceive as hostile. The group needs to meet their needs, if possible, but stop their destructive tendencies, if possible, to allow all others to meet their own needs and to spread good will. The rules of the game need to be fair to all, even to those who feel they need to fight everyone to meet their needs, but only fair if they are willing to be kind and equitable.

I was reading on the life of Hitler and was struck with a flaw in his governmental environment that allowed him to run for top leadership when he had been sentenced to prison for five years for staging violence within an extremist group. In a sense, the governmental group allowed him to ascend to the top. Yes, Hitler was a sick man, but the rules of the game allowed him to take over rather then meet his needs so he no longer felt threatened. Not an easy job. But if that job is not accomplished the rules of the game become vice and destruction.

Victory is when we defeat vice, even if to prevent its spread.

May 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Joyful Messenger

Maybe the difference between Vice and Victory is a state of mind and heart. We can walk defeated, depressed, and only think of self and spread our ill will or we can be positive, helpful, prayerful and spread good will. I think it is up to us to walk in a mindset of victory!

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

May 21, 2013 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Perhaps the worst evil is when a person of Vice (to others) walks around in a state of Victory and is positive, helpful, prayerful and spreading good will. Then everyone is confused and helps them, inadvertently and unknowingly, spread their evil. That is what happened in Germany before Hitler's reign. He could not have done what he did if those in power did not let him begin his rampage. When Vice puts on Victory as a disguise evil spreads. Victory is not victory unless it defeats vice. Most Germans, because of propaganda, thought Hitler was a loving kind man.

Your positive attitude helps you defeat your negative attitude but perhaps your vice is defined by those that suffer under it. Can we define Vice as Victory (as acceptable) because there was no intent, such as an act of nature, as a destructive tornado, only a person was behind it. Can the atomic bomb at Hiroshima ever be considered an act of Victory? Its power could have been shown without hitting a city. These questions are fuel for debate but only by the living. The dead may define it differently.

May 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Joyful Messenger

The hebrew word for Victory means  a goal travelled towards. Splendor. truthfullness.

Good and Evil will always prevail in the world until the end of time. There will be death and tears but I wait for the day when it is over! Then the final war will be won.

Isa 25:8  He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

May 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

Talk of the final days can be a dead end endeavor for the present world and for solving its problems. Such talk takes the place of Victory as you say the Bible defines it, as a 'goal travelled towards.' Our highest goals should be to help mankind, to make it a better world, to help the poor and sick. Does the goal (of the glory of the end of times) justify the means (of doing nothing and letting suffering go on)? How about working for the end of tears now. Good will always prevail over evil because evil leads to death and good to life. But lets make it as godly as possible before the end of time. You may disagree with me.

June 2, 2013 at 7:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

A Joyful Messenger

We live in an evil world that causes  suffering, pain and tears.  It is the striving to end these problems that gives us hope for a brighter tomorrow. Victory lies in helping people today. Take care of today. Wipe someone's tears away today. Care about people today!!! Strive towards that goal and maybe today you will live in splendor and in truth

I think People don't like to talk about the final days of the world because of their own fears.

--

**JOYFUL MESSENGER

June 3, 2013 at 10:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ruth Currah
Site Owner

I agree, why walk around in fear? We need to make heaven on earth.

June 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.